meta data for this page
Low noise power supply
- This PCB is a power supply board based on the ICs LT3045 and LT3094, that are low-noise voltage controller, i.e. low-noise alternatives to the commonly used 7815 and 7915 parts. Output voltages are set by a resistor, up to +15 and -19 V.
- The output voltages can be set via a resistor.
- The supply can be turned on or off via a switch, but you could also solder a TTL signal to it.
- Noise performance has not been tested yet!
- Schematic and PCB were drawn August 2021
- Not implemented yet. Not tested yet.
Martin Quensen, email@example.com
- It's best to read the datasheet for the LT3045 to understand what was done here. The LT3094 is essentially the negative version of it, with no additional features.
- The turning on/off function was implemented using a mechanical switch.
- The current limiting function was implemented by a fixed SMD resistor.
- Thermal stuff was considered by placing the parts close to an solid metal block that is supposed to be fixed to the casing.
Schematics and layout
What need to be improved: (, , , )